We thought we would do it first thing today. Nope. Then maybe before our afternoon visit. Nope. :)
We had our morning visit, came home, ate lunch (big one for Shawn and some toasted cheese for me) and then settled in for our siesta...around 1:00 this afternoon, Kate called. "Get ready please, Kolya is picking me up and we are coming to get you and sign papers."
We left by 1:25 and headed to orphanage, signed papers, left and closed the bank account and then some shopping for the orphanage. Back to the orphanage for the rest of the paperwork. At 5 o'clock (when our afternoon meetings are usually over anyways)we met with the director. She thanked us, gave us final well-wishes and approval and we left! Then off to find some shoes and maybe a jacket for the peanut. No dice on the jacket...we will make do with what we brought but we did find some shoes for about $23 USD so not too bad at all if you ask me and they are cute.
We came home to the apartment and fed Jadon. He is a good eater! Chews nicely, doesn't miss a drop of food. But, my boy, will not drink. WILL. NOT. DRINK. Does not appreciate the straw. Does not care for the Tommee Tippee Free Flow pink (yes, yes, I know) cup I bought. Tomorrow we will work more on the drinking. Tonight? Well, maybe I got 7ml of fluid in him. NOT GOOD. NOT SUFFICIENT. We will be added fluids to EVERYTHING for him. He is trained to have bowel movements after eating. Tonight was no exception. He went well. He is now sleeping. I am headed there myself.
![]() |
| Do you see the Sasquatch? They aren't myths they are in the Ukraine! LOL |
Love,
"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)












18 comments:
I'm so happy for you guys. This post made my day. Love your new, bigger family!!
Yea! Praying for a safe trip home. Congratulations - Taylorvillefour!
~Heather
Love the pictures! Poor kiddo with the fluids. . . he didnt' like that the cup was pink! Will he eat applesauce? --relatively fluid-dense. I know you know all of this already :) Anyway, happy GOTCHA Day!!!!
Congratulations, my friend!! My heart is overflowing with joy for you...but mostly for Jadon! You are loved, sweet boy, by your parents...but mostly by your Father who brought them to you. God bless!!!
beautiful post - big tears in my eyes celebrating today for you :)
So exciting!! congrats to you & your family!!
congratulations!!!! :)
CONGRATULATIONS! Perhaps a syringe for liquids? It would be a tsp at a time, but it would be something... Good luck.
SWEET!!!!
Love, Love, and Love!
YAY!! So happy for y'all! God bless y'all!
This makes my heart smile...so happy for all of you!
I just love him! And I will be praying that you are able to get fluids in him.
Congratulations on your beautiful little boy!!
So thankful you busted him out! Hope he continues to eat and drink well for you! Praying for a fast and easy rest of the week for you!
Wow--congrats to you all!
Hoping for your safe jouney home!! Congrats to you! I love your Bible scripture so much I copied it! Awaiting more pictures!
So very thankful you finally have Jadon in your arms. He is such a cutie pie. Hugs
Post a Comment