Sunday, August 14, 2011

Fundraising--our task at hand


Forgive me, I know I had previously stated there would be no more fundraising for our family. I was wrong. At this moment, we are $6,422 short of having a full fund. Our CSP (child specific petition) will be filed and we could literally travel in a month (give or take a few weeks).

Our FSP will be changed to reflect the child we are adopting, Andriy.


If you would like to donate you can either donate through our FSP button (we have been assured that this fund will go with us to adopt Andriy--and we have also been told this is an exception that RR is willing to make for us right now and we are grateful for that). OR if you would like to you can donate directly to our FSP fund by clicking on his picture above.

I am so sorry, I have no grand gifts to offer; I am simply a mom asking for your support, you prayers and for you to share our story please.

God's got this--words that are gently pushing me along (thank you Lisa...I see those words every time I see our boy's photo album his Aunt Lisa got for him). We are resting in the promise of God's provisions and believe He will provide exactly what we need. Please help us in being proactive through praying and sharing.

Thank you.


Now, I have been asked to clarify something for you all per Andrea....

Andrea stated, "Alexander was not listed erroneously or with any ill intentions, and it is not fair to depict this situation in any public forum that you have made the decision to choose Andriy because Alexander is not available.  You have chosen to *not wait* to know for sure. There is a big difference, no matter what the reasons behind the change really are.  Please acknowledge this, because this whole team has done nothing but try to help you and help Alexander.  You have made the decision to move on, and that is ok, but it isn’t because you know Alexander to not be available."

I am making this situation clear right now, I never stated Alexander was listed with any ill intentions (however, he was listed erroneously since his picture was updated to another child's information). IF I have indeed depicted this situation in any other fashion that the truth, I apologize. 

Also, we are choosing to move forward with Andriy because at this point in time, as I stated, Alexander is not available at this time (nor has he ever been) and we cannot wait any longer our family is ready to adopt a child who is fully ready to be adopted NOW.  No one goaded us in to that position, no one influenced that decision. I stated in my blog that Alexander may still come available at any time, we know this, but we also know that may never happen.
Photobucket


"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Can't say I know much of this issue with Alexander, but your choosing Andriy/Andreyko is absolutely wonderful. I have been praying for him and I have a link here you'll love to see (if you haven't) as it has some precious shots of "Andreyko" on the U site. They are a year old. God bless your adoption and we're so happy for your family.
http://sirotstvy.net/ua/child_needs_family/791.html

Scrappy quilter said...

Continuing to pray for this whole situation. Hugs

Denise Mom of 4 Amazing Kids said...

Just catching up on your story! I love the scripture so much I put it on my blog! We are praying for you and I will be donating ASAP. You are amazing for what you are doing. My sister-in-law adopted 3 boys from Ukraine and now they are grown, 20, 17, and16 They were little when they came over and it has been a wonderful life for all of us included! Best of luck to you Momma!