
I held my youngest son for the first time...
Tverdokhleb, Andriy Igorovych was this tiny waif's name. The child left behind because he was born with Down syndrome. He has a birth sister, she is 13 years, 8 months and 10 days older than he is. I know his birth-parent's names, I know they live in Svetlovodsk. I am certain they visited us at the orphanage...well, I am certain it was his mother and sister and the man that drove them in the tiny, European white car never made his presence known. He stood by the car from about a block away. The three of them watched us for an hour, the entire length of our morning visit.
Today, I look back to that "chance" meeting in the orphanage courtyard on that chilly October 6th morning last year and wonder what if...
What if...
they loved him
he had been wanted
they were curious
they had ever visited him
they contacted me or we contacted them
But then, I realize all that matters is what if we had never found him......
Thank you, God, for allowing me to mother Jadon Andrew Taylor,
my child,
my son,
loved by his 3 brothers
and is totally daddy's boy :)
love,
"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)

2 comments:
Beautiful boy, beautiful post! Wow, the time has really flown! Bittersweet about his birth family. Glad they could say goodbye in their own way.
WOW!!! Seems like just yesterday I was sitting with you in Panara Bread and I broke down crying when you first told me you were going to adopt. Look at the progress since.... As for the birth family. That hits home. I am 13 years, 1 month and 1 day older than my youngest brother, and it makes me wonder what was going through that sister's head. Letting you adopt him is the biggest show of love possible, so yes I believe they loved him so much they allowed him the CHANCE at a better life. A life with a new mommy and daddy, and 3 big brothers.
Post a Comment