Wednesday morning, I felt okay, but by late morning I was in excruciating pain again. So much so that I completely forgot Joseph had therapy at 1 o'clock. Well, I got him there 30 minutes late and Hopebridge arranged for him to have both full sessions and keep him for 2 hours. I drove myself to Kokomo Family Care immediately with Jadon and Jackson in tow.
I tried Express Care, they would not see me and sent me to the P.A. in Suite C. He ran more urinalysis and still my urine was not well. So he ordered a shot of rocephin (wicked strong antibiotic giving in the muscle of your booty) and vicodin for pain and sent me home. His one requirement? I was to call first thing Thursday morning if I was not markedly better...well, I wasn't.
Thursday, I called the doctor's office early in the morning. At 8:42 a.m. they called back and let me know I was to have a CT scan at 11 o'clock and to hurry in and get my prep drinks---yum. CT at 11, finished at 11:45 and went to wait for the results. I knew then that something was up. Around 12:20 the P.A. told me that I had fluid in my pelvic cavity and I needed to see a surgeon and have a pelvic ultrasound.
Well, my primary care physician got wind of it and wanted to see me. She ordered more bloodwork--which is all still fine. She talked with me and then sent me to Dr. Haendiges for the ultrasound and surgery plan.
Ultrasound revealed a mass measuring 3.6 cm by 6.6 cm behind my cervix and right now it has no blood supply. Monday morning at 9 a.m. I will have surgery to determine what the mass is, how to deal with it and doctor will explore the pelvic cavity and possibly perform more extensive surgery too, including up to a full hysterectomy.
Jadon is doing well. Very well. His coverings on his surgery site have lifted and he's moving right along as if nothing ever happened. So proud of him!
love
"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)
7 comments:
Oh my goodness, My dear sweet friend I am praying that this is absolutely nothing! Hugs and many prayers coming your way.
Christie-My prayers will be with you this weekend and on Monday especially. Good lord, woman...you have amazing strength to shoulder a recovering child and being ill yourself. I am sending you lots of momma love and courage...Love, Jane in California
PS...I wrote to you months ago about prayer and you posted that wonderful post about it...I will be exercising my prayer muscles unceasingly this weekend for you!
oh honey ill be praying for you..
Oh my goodness!! Praying for you!!
whoa, giant hugs to you dear!
Thank you Jane in California :)
Whoa. I'll be thinking about you - this is scary business! I hope that everything is OK.
Kim
TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com
Post a Comment