We then put the boys to bed, Jackson is sick with a very sore throat. Soooo, I guess he is going to the doctor tomorrow. Joseph was happy to see us, but sad to see Grandma and Grandpa leaving. I have the best mother-in-law. She scrubbed my bathrooms and my kitchen, cared for my kids and ran the vacuum.
Jadon has had his first round of treatments here at home. Shawn is terrified he's not going to have the oxygen he needs because he constantly knocks the canula out of place. Well, I asked for a pulse oximeter and could not get the doctors to get us one no matter how much I voiced my concern that I have no way of knowing he doesn't have enough O2 except by checking him visually, frequently. So, praying he leaves this one alone, I did trim it a bit to fit him better. I hope it helps.
I am to do a breathing treatment and CPT every 4 hours. This combo of treatment takes 30 minutes here at home (took just 12 in the hospital). So, there will be no time for rest for mommy for a good while. I have just 2 hours before Jadon needs his next treatment to keep us on the schedule that will best fit our needs.
So wish us well, pray me strong.
And thank you, THANK YOU for all the well wishes, good vibes, healing thoughts and prayers!
Peace out!
Love,
"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)

4 comments:
Sending love to you Christie. What a tremendous mother you are. Of course, this is what we do, but when it is hard, it is HARD. Hang in there. My prayers are with all of you and with Jadon's lungs and with his momma's stamina.
Jane
Oh goodness! Hang in there! Medical issues blow, but glad you are managing at home vs. the hospital. Sending you all prayers of strength and good health!!
Sweet Jadon! Get better soon okay?! Christie, you are one strong momma. I know you are weary, and the end is not yet in sight. Prayers for your strength and energy and for the kids swift recoveries.
I'm so glad you guys are home!! Your local drug store should sell a pulse ox gadget that athletes use. We have one at our house to check levels.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-pulse-fingertip-oximeter-c20---measures-oxygen-level-%26-pulse-rate/ID=prod6089451-product
but if I was buying again I'd get this one, it's a little froggy and its made for little fingers
http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/choicemmed-children-oxywatch-c53-fingertip-pulse-oximeter-/ID=prod6060764-product
It's not one from the hospital that's for sure but it gives us piece of mind. Thoughts and prayers your way.
Post a Comment