Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Tree is up :)

Shawn got the tree down from the garage shelf for me today. I set up the tree then allowed the boys to shove the ornaments on it after I got the lights on it. Jackson's new baby Jesus on a star that he made today in Children's Preschool Church is our tree topper this year. He was very excited to put it up on the tree. But, the little bugger, would not get in on a picture. Weird kid. ;)

I wish I could say I enjoy this stuff, but I don't. I really, truly, have NO memory of ever decorating a tree as a child. Not sure we ever had them in our house either. I know we did at grandma's house, always. I know my mom had them, but I don't remember them at my house with my dad--not until he was sober anyhow. Now, we may very have had Christmas trees, I just don't remember them (or much of my childhood for that matter). I have pictures of Christmases. I know I got tons of toys. But remember the times? Nope. I just don't remember them. I want the boys to remember doing this stuff, so I do it (best as I can) for them.

Here is our tiny tree full of homemade decorations and hung with love by my kids.
I still am amazed at how much Joseph and Jared look alike :) 






 "I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

your tree is BEAUTIFUL!