Sunday, October 16, 2011

the first 24 hours

Well, we have been home for just over 24 hours. Flights home were nice and smooth (save for one approach for landing)...Jadon was the BEST baby on the flights. He never fully cried and did great during the flight from Germany to DC. He ate well and drank great on the flight too.

Jadon is doing great. Jared LOVES him. Joseph gives him moochies and rubs his face and hair. Jackson tells me he loves Jadon about every 30 minutes.

Jadon is LOVING exlporing the house of his own full will. He has played with Mega Blocks and LOVES tossing them across the laminate flooring and laughing and then chasing them down to do it all over again. He is in his own bed tonight in the room with the twins. They all went to bed easy and without issue (I am certain it will NOT always be this easy).

Long day today, all the laundry is done. Tomorrow we have doctors appointments first thing in the morning. Jadon for an overall check-up and Joseph to see why he will not walk, still. He hurt himself last weekend (apparently, but not entirely sure how) while playing outside. X-ray was negative but he will NOT stand (except long enough to pee an then immediately lifts his foot again) and will NOT walk. He weighs 40 lbs. and is not an easy kid to haul around. Praying it is just a sprain and he gets over it soon.

It is sooooo good to be home :)






"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)

10 comments:

Penny's Peeps said...

wonderful! so glad the boys are already crazy about jadon! love you friend....don't forget to REST!!!

Chris & Maria said...

I am just so happy for you and your family! Praising God for your easy transition and pray that it will remain this easy! God bless y'all! Your blogs are very encouraging. Can't wait until we bring our little guy home!

Becca said...

So happy for you all!!! I wish Dulles Airport wasn't so screwey (you have to take a train from the international terminal to the main terminal, with security checkpoints in the main one), or we would have popped by to visit on your layover! I live 10 min. from there, and was driving past it on the way home from our Buddy Walk when you posted on FB that you were there. :-) Glad everything went so smoothly! Good luck with his appointment today - hope it's nothing serious. :-(

Amy said...

So glad to hear Jadon seems to be loving life so far as a Taylor!! :)) Sending prayers for Joseph that his leg is ok. <3 When is/was Jadon's birthday?

Kimberly said...

So glad your boys are getting along so well.

Melissa said...

So happy that you made it all home safely and that your first 24 hours home was good!

Susanna said...

Christie, so thrilled to hear that you are home and off to a great start! It just hit me right now that it was almost exactly a year ago that I posted that note to your thread. I don't know the exact day, but it was somewhere between the 12th and 26th of Oct. last year. Wow, we never would have guessed what God would do!

Rochelle said...

Glad you are home and all is going so well. Continued prayers for the transition.

The Ironic Catholic said...

Yay! Great to read this and welcome back!!!

The Ironic Catholic said...

Yay! Great to read this and welcome back!!!

Susan WD