Sunday, September 18, 2011

Waiting and preparing

Shawn and I have been waiting for Jadon, all of our lives, only we didn't know it. Our dossier was submitted, then we waited, then the Hinz family got their date (we should have had that same date) but God was holding us back---still. I wanted to go, so very badly, when Erin and Brian were going. My momma heart is sooo ready to bring Jadon home and OUT of that orphanage FOREVER.

But wait, we must, and wait we have.

Our Pastor has been on Sabbatical for the past few months and our church has done something each month "in-line" with things Pastor Jeff and his wife, Donna, have been experiencing. These past months have been a time of renewal for Pastor Jeff and Donna. This weekend at church was a chance for renewal for all of us still home.

It is now very apparent to me WHY we did not leave for Ukraine this past week. God had plans, big, huge, wonderful plans for us at church this weekend.

Dr. Ron Rand of UpBuilding Ministries came and did a weekend of workshops with our church. Friday night it kicked off and Shawn took the twins to the Family Fun night at church. I took Jared, Joshua and Janae camping with Boy Scouts. Saturday morning, Shawn went to the men's breakfast/workshop and that afternoon I attended the ladies tea/workshop. Saturday night, we took the kids to church for childcare while we enjoyed a Couples Dinner/workshop.

The ladies tea was wonderful, I was paired with Susie and I cannot thank God enough for having paired the two of us for this workshop. I was able to give up things I have been clinging to, hurts that needed released and BURY them in our church front yard along with the other ladies as well. Also, I was able to PRAY in a unique fashion by candlelight for my family. My FAMILY, my PARISH.  I prayed for Jadon first, my boy waiting for me, then my other children, then my husband.  I was able to pray parts of Psalm 139 for Susie, specifically and she did the same for me. Such an experience to hear my heavenly sister tell me I am wonderful and amazing...my heart leaped with joy as my eyes wept with tears.

Thank you Dr. Rand. Thank you, Susie. Thank you, God. 

The Couples Dinner was so nice, we ate by candlelight. The food was so tasty. We shared our table with Susie and Jim. Conversation was loving. Laughter was contagious. The WORD was sooooo satisfying. I have learned how I can better show my husband I love him and he, too, has learned ways he can better show me he loves me. Thank you, Dr. Rand. Thank you, God. 

Today, there was a ministry leadership meeting at church before our services began. This morning, Dr. Rand shared with our leadership team about the field of work his father did when he was younger working with individuals with disabilities and then prayed for our family, our travel and our adoption. I was not there for this meeting, but, Shawn was since he is a ministry leader in our church.  Dr. Rand had told me on Saturday the work his father had done, but had not shared with Shawn until this morning. Dr. Rand made it a point to tell me and affirm in me that Shawn & I are answering the call of God and being obedient in our walk. 

Thank you, Dr. Rand. Thank you, God. These experiences were something Shawn & I needed and, honestly, I don't think we knew just how badly we needed them. 

Our souls are refreshed, our hearts more in line, our focus re-calibrated too. Such a wonderful way to spend our last Sunday with our church family (for about a month) before we leave for Ukraine to bring Jadon home. 

Thank you, Pastor Jeff and Donna for taking this Sabbatical and leaving our church in such wonderfully capable hands to tend to our church family. We have been well fed and cared for your absence. Thank you New Beginnings family for praying for us as we go. Thank you, Dr. Rand for such a wonderful chance to experience your ministry. 

And, Thank You, God for orchestrating it all. 




 "I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)

6 comments:

Penny's Peeps said...

WOW!!! Is all I can say!!! Praising God with you for how HIS timing is PERFECT!!! We knew it all along, but to see HIS hand on you and Shawn this weekend.....WOW!!! Thank you, God, for giving my sister Christie JUST WHAT SHE NEEDED!!!! Praying for you as you go, dear friend!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing. This is a good reminder for us all, that are waiting. God's timing is perfect.
:)
Anna

Elissa said...

So glad to see Gods plan unfolding :-) Can't wait to know your sweet boy is with you and knowing the love of such a great family.

Jadon said...

Christie, what a wonderful post! God is getting you ready! Love it!

Jadon said...

Oops, I'm really Susanna, not Jadon! Help?

Rochelle said...

It is so hard to wait but, his timing is perfect! So excited for next week!