Friday, September 23, 2011

Packed!

We are officially PACKED! I repacked the suitcase that carries my clothing and Jadon's. Rolled it all, took out some stuff too. I am now only taking (3) 18 months size clothing outfits and (3) 24 months size clothing outfits, onesies and socks for him and his winter coat, hat, and gloves.

Shawn and I, each, are taking just 2 pair of jeans and our dress slacks and a total of 5 shirts for our big clothing items. Lots of socks and undies though!

We have two rolling suitcases and two backpacks. We are also bringing a stroller for Jadon too.

Jackson told me tonight he loves me and he loves Jadon too. He really seems to "get" that his baby brother is coming home soon.

Jared is with is dad. I cleaned his room up some today, remade his bed and wrote him a note.

Joseph is on the mend. He has/had (is getting over) a sinus infection. We saw Dr. Jones today for some amoxil to be on the safe side.

I am tired, run down and generally not sleeping well. I need to finish up cleaning tomorrow.

days til we leave :) 




"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Can;t wait to see those first photos!

Scrappy quilter said...

Can't wait to see you holding your precious little man. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Prayers that your journey is smooth and you return soon with sweet Jadon in your arms!! Thanks for sharing your story. Gives me faith that one day we will be able to adopt too! :) Safe travels!

Amy said...

Keeping you all in my prayers that everyone remains well both state side and on the other side of the pond. Praying all goes smoothly for you with the whole adoption process! So excited!!!

Elissa said...

So, SO exciting!

Anna Theurer said...

Don't forget to toilet paper! don't forget the diapers! most of all, do not forget about all of us who love and support you! I shall be stocking up on tissues as I will cry buckets with each post your write and photo you attach.

Becca said...

So excited for you, Christie!!! Can't wait to hear more soon! Safe travels. :-)