We have been so blessed.
Right now, including these figures, we need just $821 to be back at $20,000 once more. I pray that Monday we know our travel date, Serge has stated he has the letter of invitation to go to the SDA to pick up our SDA appointment on Monday. Monday is a very bittersweet day for me.
Monday, September 5, 1994 around 9:15 p.m. my mom left this life on Earth. She died on Labor day that year, and this year Monday is Labor day as well. September 5th is special to me. I would feel it a blessing from heaven to get our travel date that day.
I was once married on that date, 3 years after mom's passing, I married Tim. My dad never really understood WHY I would get married on the day my mom passed (they had been divorced for 17 years at that time). I tried to explain, it was the one way I could "include" her in it all. Tim and I are not married any longer and I will NEVER regret having married him that day. I would do it all again, the same way, the same day.
So, if we do get our SDA appointment that day; it will be like including mom in this process too. Weird? I don't know, but is how I think. If that is the "support" we are to get, I will take it, gladly and graciously. A present if you will.
When I unexpectedly became pregnant with Jared after a sudden miscarriage, I freaked OUT. I freaked out until I learned my due date. My due date was September 5, 2002. As soon as I learned my due date, I was at peace with the pregnancy and never worried for one minute while I was pregnant with him after that it was as if I knew it would all be fine.
Jared arrived nearly 2 weeks early and I had trouble during my pregnancy with bleeding and passing out; but, still, I knew it would all be just fine because of the date I was given. It was as if I knew mom was happy to have one grandchild in heaven and was watching over this one I was growing within me.
Crazy?
Probably, but that is what I like to think when it comes to that stuff. She's not here. She's not coming back. I've not seen her in my dreams for years....not since Tim and I lived in Greentown, I don't think (save for a bizarre dream this past year). But, if I can feel her from time to time, talk to her, pray to God that I am grateful I will see her again someday--I will take what I can get and be thankful God has blessed me with that too.
So, stay tuned. I hope to share with you all on Monday our SDA date, rejoice that my mom has not been sick for 17 years and mourn her a bit too. I also hope to tell you all about a great fundraiser for another family doing an iPad giveaway for their adoption and a chance to turn $500 into a total of $1,000. Be blessed, thank you all.
If your momma is still with you, give her a hug for me. Here is me and mom in 1979 or 1980.
"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)

11 comments:
I think that is a wonderful way to think of your Mom and to include her in your special days too!!! I can't wait to hear that you have your date!! It was Labor Day last year that our dossier arrived in Ukraine and our journey to TImothy really got moving!! You know I'm praying for you Sister!!!
Precious post, Christie....love you bunches!! Can't wait till Monday!!
That was lovely Christie. Know what else? On Sept. 4th, three years ago in CO, I went into labor with my third child. He was born a little after midnight on Sept. 5th. About two days later, I met you! Jakey's upcoming birthday is bittersweet for me, but your news will make it sweeter.
Oh, you made me cry. Sweet. And your mother knows just how loved she is by you.
Look forward to Monday....one way or another.
Cannot. Stop. Crying. Oh your mama has been looking out for you all this time. She loves you so much from above and has been sending you signs of her love. Monday will be a bittersweet day for sure--hopefully full of goodness, but also sad because your mommy isn't present in the flesh. She is with you though from above. Supporting you and loving you all the way, just as you love her. Hugs, dear friend.
Hope you hear good news on Monday! I think it is a beautiful way to connect your mom to your adoption and Jadon. We got our referral for Katelyn on the same day as my nephew was born; half a world away and yet still woven together. Beautiful:)
LOVE the picture of you and your mom. You look adorable. Thanks for sharing! I'm hoping your next blog post is to share your appointment date. :)
You know this post got me crying (again). You are such an amazing person, and I know how proud your mother is looking down from heaven. Lots of love my dear friend. I'll be anxiously awaiting the news on the travel date!!
Hoping you get your travel dates on monday. Love the way you say that you will rejoice that she hasn't been sick for 17 years, that's a wondeful way to think about death.
Monica
www.xmaswarrior.blogspot.com
How sweet an entry Christie. I pray you get your date tomorrow. Hugs!!
Love the picture of you and your mom. My mom passed away in 2005. Haven't dreamt about her in a while either.
Hope you get the great news you're hoping for!
Post a Comment