Wednesday, July 20, 2011

From Lisa Warner

Humbled..  by Lisa Warner

First off- I am humbled and in awe of those that offered advice, prayer and donated. I am speechless at how much our FSP has risen.

Now on to today's news. This morning we contacted the IOM about the sputum testing. The doctor requested that one of us come in without Joshua to discuss this matter. I went to meet with her and she explained about his size and the risks. She informed us if that testing was what we plan on doing that we would be responsible to find a clinic here to do it and at our expense. I think she truly believes it is a pneumonia issue as Joshua is better. The process takes 3 separate collections on 3 consecutive days so we would not be able to begin until Monday. We also are required to take along a representative from their country to verify collection collection and handling. They will provide one free of charge.

She offered up another option- she said if we insist or request an x ray earlier she would do it. And she said that if it improved enough to move up classifications she would sign off. The CDC recommended 6-8 weeks so I asked if the embassy would accept earlier. She believes they will as they know the situation and if it improved then we have the evidence of it. She will also include a note that we requested it leaving her off the hook on ordering too soon. On Monday it will mark 10 days from when he received his antibiotic. We might be cutting it close to enough improvement but we feel we must give that a shot before proceeding with collection.

Thanks to someone suggesting the American Medical Clinic here, we have gotten a consultation appointment at 2p. We are just getting our ducks in a row in case we have to proceed with the bronchoscope. The pediatrician asked that we bring what x rays and blood work we have gotten and she will look Joshua over, examine him to determine whether that clinic will do the bronchoscope for us. So if Monday the clinic says there is not enough improvement the bronchoscope can be done on Tuesday giving us 3 consecutive days. Going for this consultation will also give us an indication on whether she thinks his lungs sound clear and maybe an indication on results possibly Monday. Also at that time we will get a clearer picture on the cost of the procedure.

So those are our next steps. If Monday we are blessed and she believes there is enough improvement we will all try to travel out on Tuesday. If not we do the next step. I have to fly home on Tuesday irregardless. My parents are holding off on a memorial service till next week to give me some time and to make sure that my oldest son is there as well.. he has leave from the Navy next week. My mom will continue to watch Jake until I get home. Dave will stay with Joshua. If there are any other significant delays we will then decide our next step. It will probably involve me obtaining an expedited passport for Jacob and return here with him in tow. The older children will go to their fathers home and Dave will have to probably return home to work.

Hopefully I explained it clearly. I am awfully tired. Again I want to thank everyone for standing with us and supporting us. Never in my life would I have even imagined this happening. It seems as though this is all a dream or a cruel joke. My sister was suppose to meet us at the airport on Saturday. The last person who saw her alive claimed she was slurring her speech. When asked she replied they had changed dosage for her heart and blood pressure medication. That was the last time someone spoke with her. If we had come home perhaps I would have noticed and called 911 or insisted she go to the hospital. I know that God has a plan and really my sadness is more of a selfish for myself kind of thing because I know and believe she is in a beautiful place with no worries or pain. I miss her terribly and will probably cry for some time but I take comfort in knowing our separation is not forever and we will meet again. I take some comfort in knowing that although she did not meet Joshua before her passing she is watching from above. This is truly a moment in my life where there are only one set of footprints in the sand. God is firmly carrying me.


 Everyone, thank you so much for everything so far. Please don't stop. Let's storm heaven's gates with praise and thanksgiving for what He has done and prayers to bring the Warner's HOME NEXT WEEK.


~Christie~

"I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:2-3 (NIV)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Holy Cow!! lots of prayers !! at least there seems to be a good game plan! I still can't believe it!