Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A stark contrast

In just one week, it will be 4 months since Alexander found us. My heart hurts. My soul aches. The waiting is hard, much harder than when I was pregnant with my boys.

See, waiting for them I knew SO much.
I knew where they were--safe within me.
I knew they were safe, tucked close to my heart, protected by my body.
I knew they were nourished--I fed them well.
I knew they played--I felt their kicks.
I knew they were loved--I talked to them, rubbed them, listened to them with my monitor.
I knew they were growing--my belly was an ever present proof of that fact.
I knew they were coming--all of them came early but I knew within a reasonable approximation of when they were coming.

Now? Well, now, I know virtually nothing.
I know his in an Eastern European country.
I know GOD is protecting him--I pray for that daily.
I pray he is nourished--but do not know.
I hope he gets to play--but this is not likely a luxury he knows any longer.
I hope he is growing--I fear he is very small.
I have no idea when he is coming home....none. This is so very, very hard. Especially since I believe I know what institution he is located in.

Relying on God, seeing the bigger picture is so very hard for me. I have no problem admitting this. God and I have talked, He can take it. He gently reassures me--He loves Alexander more than I do, to which I answer, "Then why can't he be with me? NOW?" And His reply? "It's just not time. Give ME time. I want more from you." That is what I hear.

Keep praying everyone. Please. Thank you.
~Christie~


Photobucket

5 comments:

Penny's Peeps said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. This is beautifully written, and I needed to hear it. I love you, friend. Praying for you ALL. May HIS peace be yours tonight....

Lisa said...

I know how difficult this is for you and my heart breaks for you and Alexander. Dave and I are always praying and include your family and sweet boy in them.

Cathy said...

I don't know what to say, Christie. Tears...and even more prayers.

Lisa (DanielsMommy) said...

You know I'm praying day and night for him. May God grant you peace while you wait.

The Florko Family minus 1 said...

This is so me. I hate waiting. Thanks for sharing that. We are waiting for our I171.