Monday, March 7, 2011

R is for...

Rely.

Rely is defined as: to be dependent for support, help, or supply and to place or have faith or confidence.

I am learning so much these days. I am learning to be fully reliant on God and his provisions. I am learning to be reliant on the support of my friends and family. I am learning to be reliant on strangers.

I know some people will not be willing to help support our supply us with the help we seek. And that is ok, because at the end of the day if my reliance is on God--the rest does not matter.

Our fundraisers are still going well, I am so grateful for everyone that has helped so far and for those who will help us in the days to come. We will have a new fundraiser to start April 1st (thank you, Christy!), we have the scrapbook crop set for April 30th here in town (thank you Patty for all of your help), I have friends south of here trying to do a crop in their area too (thank you, Kacie!), the Burick family offered to help with fundraising, Deanna has told me she will be helping in April, Cathy has told me "your turn is next!".

It is amazing the support we have gotten, AMAZING. I hoping to be traveling in August and funding is so very crucial. We literally need to raise $2,000 each month to make our goal. Can we do it alone? No, I don't believe we can. I do believe if Shawn and I rely on God to provide and are obedient to Him and proactive--it will happen! I am clinging to His promises.

If 500 people can donate just $20 a piece (and that doesn't have to be all at once) just $20 total, we will meet our goal. That doesn't seem so bad. If I think about the $12,000 total, it seems sooooo very overwhelming. And maybe someone is reading this and thinking, "I don't have $20 to give because my babies barely have enough food right now. And I can barely afford gas right now just to get to work."  Then I have one request from you, PRAY. Pray for our family, pray for our financial provisions to be met.

Prayer is free to give and the reward is great.

I am considering becoming a Scentsy consultant myself and using commissions to put into our fund. I am not sure if that is what I should do or not, but it is something I am tossing around right now.

Thank you, again, for all your help---each and every one of your prayers are felt and every donation is so very helpful.





*since posting this to publish at a specific time---well, I have had lots of support hit my FB page with the offering of donations for an online fundraiser----YOU ALL ROCK!*

No comments: