Something Awful?? Hey, bully....ya, you! You wanna play?
Over the past couple of day some very unfortunate events have taken place. The National Down Syndrome Congress had offered families the chance to come on board the "More Alike Than Different" campaign. Parents were invited to submit a picture of their child and a catch-phrase to be made into a poster, free of charge, to be used in their own communities. I applied for Joseph's last year and in September 2009 they sent me my .pdf file to use for awareness here at home. Flash forward a couple months to February 2010 and the NDSC announces they will be running a contest, inviting even more families to come on board, share a link and get your child voted for a chance to be used in a national campaign. Then on March 6th, all Hell broke loose. Some ignorant, childish, pussy, HIDING under the screename Avagar decided it would be funny to steal these pictures and misappropriate them on a forum on the "something awful" website. As of 4:12 p.m. EST, the site forum has been dropped and "specified thread is not found in any live forums"
But here is the proof in the pudding: the first picture is what my poster originally looked like. And then the "fun" melaTONE had with it.
melaTONE, wanna play? Bring it on! I guarantee my bat is bigger than yours. I will not be run off the playground. You can hide, you sniveling bastard, I will not!
No comments:
Post a Comment